9. Sidewalk Bird

8 Jan

Image

It’s funny how much I think of birds since beginning this blog. You might even say that I have turned into a bird brain. I see birds in everything around me. Even when I am out on my jog, looking down at the road I have birds on my brain. The cracks in the road and sidewalk inspired today’s bird(‘s). I grabbed my pastels and had some fun, taking my blog to the streets. What is that old saying, “birds of a feather flock on sidewalk cracks together.” Thanks for viewing my blog. Since week one is in the bag, I would love to hear which of the birds from week one was your favorite. Just click on comment and post your vote.

16 Responses to “9. Sidewalk Bird”

1. mkdickerson January 18, 2012 at 12:50 pm #

Thanks Meta. And you are not alone, so far this one is a leading favorite. Thanks for checking out my little play blog. I am having a bunch of fun – making stuff, and getting off the computer outside the office.

2. Meta Newhouse January 18, 2012 at 10:19 am #

Hey Marcus~ this one is my favorite so far! Cool idea for a blog.

3. mkdickerson January 16, 2012 at 1:22 pm #

This is an honor!!! Thanks for the all the kind words Eithyne. And you know what – I didn’t get a dime for that sidewalk bird art. But I did get a few strange looks by the neighbors walking their dogs.

4. Eithyne Graziano January 16, 2012 at 11:46 am #

I enjoy the comments as much as the birds and they have me laughing heartily…the street birds made me think of my homeland, Scotland, where often sidewalk artists often sat and painted with pastels placing a cap alongside for passersby to drop their offerings….did anyone drop you a dime or two? …..thanks for sharing the products of your unique imagination and especially for the happy entertainment Mama inlaw.

5. mkdickerson January 14, 2012 at 10:05 pm #

Thanks Chaunce. I plan do have much more fun with street birds.

6. Chaunce January 14, 2012 at 7:11 pm #

i like this one..incredible imagination

7. mkdickerson January 12, 2012 at 12:13 pm #

I agree. Neighbors should unite, go out and paint birds on all cracks across this great land of ours. That being said. Some how I think my sidewalk will be the only one with birds on it.

8. Gary Dickerson January 12, 2012 at 11:11 am #

I love this. Every sidewalk should have birds, especially those with cracks.

9. mkdickerson January 10, 2012 at 5:07 pm #

Well, your vote is making this bird a top favorite for the week. I want to have voting each week and compile the top picks from all 52 weeks for a year-end best of birds series. Thanks for voting Melissa.

10. Melissa January 10, 2012 at 12:11 pm #

I’m voting for this one as a favorite too.

11. mkdickerson January 9, 2012 at 9:38 pm #

Thanks for your vote Patti. I got some strange looks from the neighbors while making this one.

12. Patti January 9, 2012 at 6:30 pm #

Number 9, number 9, number 9

13. mkdickerson January 9, 2012 at 1:15 pm #

Thanks for your votes!!!

14. Allie Dickerson January 9, 2012 at 9:57 am #

Laundry bird is my favorite!

15. mkdickerson January 9, 2012 at 9:54 am #

Really? That’s so great. It’s good to get your feedback.

16. jcware January 9, 2012 at 9:50 am #

My favorite one so far. Keep up the great work!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )