Day 66. Newspaper Wire Bird

6 Mar

Image

Newspapers really add to the art as a canvas. I learned that lesson a while back. And today I have combined painting with block printing on my news-canvas. I enjoyed the block printing a lot and thought about adding a little twist to it. So I created several block-cut birds and then printed them on top of my painted paper. It’s got a distinctive look to it that I like. This is something I will have to try again some day. And I am very grateful to my sweetheart for playing Vanna White with today’s Bird-A-Day art. Enjoy.

12 Responses to “Day 66. Newspaper Wire Bird”

1. spa pedicure chairs July 13, 2013 at 1:04 pm #

Hey! This is kind of off topic but I need some help from an established blog.
    Is it hard to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast. I’m thinking about making my own but
    I’m not sure where to begin. Do you have any tips or suggestions? Thank you

2. mkdickerson March 9, 2013 at 3:07 pm #

I recommend you go visit WordPress.com. They are the standard DIY blog site. WordPress sites are free to start and can be live in one day. From there it is a learning and trial by error experience. Try it.

3. Marguerite March 6, 2013 at 7:24 am #

Good day! I was curious to know if setting up
    a blog site such your own: http://mkdickerson.com/2012/03/06/day-66-newspaper-wire-bird/ is hard to
    do for inexperienced people? I have been hoping to create my own website for a
    while now but have been turned off because I’ve always believed it required tons of work. What do you think? Thank you

4. mkdickerson March 6, 2012 at 5:52 pm #

Thanks. Its nice to hear that. I hope you give it go and have fun with your newspaper idea.

5. emjayzed March 6, 2012 at 5:09 pm #

I’m serious too – I REALLY like it! So simple yet effective.

I have been toying with the idea of newspaper to use in conjunction with canvas and paint. My idea is a little different to yours but you’ve refreshed my desire to give it a go! So thanks – this blogging thing is turning out way better than I expected!

6. emjayzed March 6, 2012 at 5:05 pm #

You’re welcome and very worthy. I see bird art everywhere I go now which causes me to think of your blog! You’ve also inspired an upcoming post I’m planning too :)

7. mkdickerson March 6, 2012 at 4:49 pm #

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

8. mkdickerson March 6, 2012 at 4:49 pm #

Wow. Your like the third person today that said they want this one. Hmmm. Maybe I need to do more of these. :) Thanks Emjayzed!

9. emjayzed March 6, 2012 at 3:11 pm #

Hey MKD, I love your blog so I’ve nominated you for the Kreativ Biogger Award! Please visit to collect http://wp.me/p29hz7-8X!

10. emjayzed March 6, 2012 at 2:20 pm #

I LOVE this!! I want!

11. mkdickerson March 6, 2012 at 11:39 am #

Thanks Gary. This one will be getting framed soon.

12. Gary Dickerson March 6, 2012 at 10:50 am #

Another one that I think is framable.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )