Day 230. Eraser Stamp Bird

15 Aug

One pencil eraser. One Giant Ink Pad with permanent dye. And a little bit of time – tapping and dapping with the inked-up tip of my pencil eraser. That is pretty much how today’s Bird-A-Day art was created. I had this idea of ink stamping a bird, using some ordinary objects for the stamp. I soon discovered using pennies got more ink on me than the coins. By trial and error, I decided an object that kept my fingers away from the ink pad was a smart direction. It’s rather ironic, using an eraser, to create art with permanent ink. And trust me, this stuff is permanent. It does not want to come off your fingers. Yipes.

6 Responses to “Day 230. Eraser Stamp Bird”

1. mkdickerson August 15, 2012 at 2:29 pm #

I try. Thank you.

2. drawandshoot August 15, 2012 at 2:27 pm #

You are so very clever with these birds! :)

3. mkdickerson August 15, 2012 at 12:01 pm #

What a wonderful thing to say. I really appreciate the kinds words.

4. mkdickerson August 15, 2012 at 12:00 pm #

Thank you for bird watching. I took a little scrubbing with elbow grease, as my mother used to say. But my fingers are finally ink free.

5. Sukanya Ramanujan August 15, 2012 at 11:10 am #

I love your blog- because of how creative it is- the eraser stamp bird is a brilliant example. Hopefully this will inspire regular people like me to be more creative about what surrounds me. Thank you

6. Anonymous August 15, 2012 at 11:02 am #

Love taking the moment to see what you have come up with every day Marcus. Today is a beautiful simple idea. Hope you got your hands clean

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )