Day 57. Table Carved Bird

26 Feb

Last night became this morning before I knew it. Last night we, my wife, my two brothers and several friends went to see and hear the legendary blues man, B. B. King at Billy Bob’s Texas. B. B. started loosing his thrill sometime after midnight. I didn’t realize he is 86 years young. What an inspiration. Sometime after, our group ended up at the White Elephant in the Fort Worth Stockyards. As we sat listening to a local band, I noticed how every inch of surface on the tables was carved out with names and pictures. And so today’s Bird-A-Day art was inspired right then and there. Enjoy.

6 Responses to “Day 57. Table Carved Bird”

1. mkdickerson February 27, 2012 at 2:43 pm #

Well, once you’ve seen one table bird carving I guess you’ve seen them all. :-)

2. Gary Dickerson February 27, 2012 at 1:02 pm #

I love this one but it looks a little familiar.

3. mkdickerson February 27, 2012 at 9:48 am #

Yes, it does. And it keeps things fun and exciting for me each week. There are some types of birds that I really enjoyed making and will go back later and do more. That was part of my big idea is to experiment a lot and find out what types of art making I enjoyed the most.

4. mkdickerson February 27, 2012 at 9:46 am #

Thanks Hannekekoop. Links are always welcome. I’m glad you like my birds.

5. artexpectations February 27, 2012 at 8:54 am #

I love that you are doing completely different birds everyday, types of birds, different media. It forces you to be creative, huh??? Love it!

6. hannekekoop February 27, 2012 at 3:03 am #

Hi. Instead of passing an award, I’ve put a link to your wonderful blog into mine, hope that’s okay.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )