Day 75. Bradford Pear Tree Bird

15 Mar

Image

This is a magical time of year for me. One of my favorite ornamental trees is in full bloom now. Last night as my wife and I walked our dog Maddie, we stopped and picked off a handful of blooms from a row of Ornamental Bradford Pear Trees, lining the street. I just love how these small white flowers transform a tree into an enormous bouquet. But just like girl scout cookies, as soon as they make their annual appearance, they quickly vanish. This year, I determined these Pear Tree blooms will last longer. If only on my blog. Enjoy.

10 Responses to “Day 75. Bradford Pear Tree Bird”

1. Jennifer Ward-Pelar March 31, 2012 at 7:26 pm #

So true. It would be such an enjoyable time of year if he didn’t have to suffer so. And the most ironic twist of all? It’s his FAVORITE season! Happy spring!

2. mkdickerson March 30, 2012 at 11:56 am #

Thanks Jennifer. It’s a cruel twist that such beauty can leave some sneezing and wheezing.

3. mkdickerson March 30, 2012 at 11:54 am #

A fellow lover of pear trees. Nice!

4. Jennifer Ward-Pelar March 30, 2012 at 11:39 am #

What a beautiful bouquet! I love spring. If only the hubby didn’t suffer with the allergies, I’d love it much more.

5. emjayzed March 16, 2012 at 3:19 am #

You’re welcome and worthy :)

6. mkdickerson March 15, 2012 at 8:55 pm #

Thanks so much!!!

7. emjayzed March 15, 2012 at 7:06 pm #

Hi! I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award – please visit to collect! http://wp.me/p29hz7-bX

8. mkdickerson March 15, 2012 at 3:20 pm #

How about a wedding march? Glad you like it. Thanks for the comment.

9. hannekekoop March 15, 2012 at 3:02 pm #

It’s so beautiful. Somehow a Christmas Carol (but slightly different) pops up in my head. :-)

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Pruning the pear tree | Attempting zero waste lifestyle in a military household - March 30, 2012

[…] Day 75. Bradford Pear Tree Bird (mkdickerson.com) […]

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w