Day 79. Fallen Leaf Bird

18 Mar

Image

Today’s bird is a found bird. Looking down at the ground I saw this little guy and thought he needed to join my blog. My wife who is an incredible painter, thought this would make a great painting. I agree. It has the simple line quality of a Picasso drawing and elegant proportions of a Giacometti sculpture. Ironic that something so small grabbed my attention and made me smile. Enjoy.

8 Responses to “Day 79. Fallen Leaf Bird”

1. mkdickerson March 18, 2012 at 11:22 pm #

Hi Sandy. Glad you’re caught up on all the birds. We two share a fondness for happy accidents. It’s nice that someone else appreciates these little gems.

2. Sandy White March 18, 2012 at 7:11 pm #

I seem to happen to like art that happens coincidentally. This one is one of my faves of all so far. Coincidental, simple, yet very artsy and cool. Very nice.

3. mkdickerson March 18, 2012 at 12:37 pm #

I’m glad you liked today’s bird art enough to post on your blog. Enjoy.

4. mkdickerson March 18, 2012 at 12:36 pm #

You are very welcome.

5. mkdickerson March 18, 2012 at 12:33 pm #

A little of both. I work on experimental materials and methods constantly. And each day I get inspired by some little thing that I can’t explain. I just keep making art and things happens. I like the happy accidents most.

6. Sukanya Ramanujan March 18, 2012 at 11:35 am #

Do you plan ahead your posts or they more spontaneous? This one is excellent as usual!

7. frenchydiary March 18, 2012 at 6:09 am #

Thank you for liking my post on my http://www.frenchydiary.wordpress.com blog! Do not hesitate to follow me for updtes and new posts.
    Great inspiration in your posts !!

Marion. :)

8. Conceptual Muse March 18, 2012 at 1:12 am #

Reblogged this on Conceptual Art.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w