Day 98. Melted Crayon Bird

6 Apr

Image

Crayons are not exactly the first art medium that comes to mind for most contemporary artist. But luckily, I’m not a contemporary artist. I’m just a guy having fun being creative. And my only rule is no rules. After coloring outside the lines for a while, today’s warm weather gave me an idea. So I did something that would have – without a doubt – got me sent home early from school, when I was a kid. I melted my crayons! Oh the humanity. Oh the smell. Oh the fun.

10 Responses to “Day 98. Melted Crayon Bird”

1. auto insurance April 23, 2015 at 11:48 am #

You’ve got it in one. Couldn’t have put it better.

2. mkdickerson April 14, 2012 at 4:59 pm #

I used a tinfoil container and popped it into my oven until melted. Glad you liked it.

3. emjayzed April 14, 2012 at 10:19 am #

That would have been so much fun! How did u melt them?

4. Anonymous April 8, 2012 at 10:11 pm #

Love it!!

5. mkdickerson April 8, 2012 at 5:08 pm #

Wow! Your landscape is just amazing. Thanks for sharing.

6. J M Naszady April 8, 2012 at 4:39 pm #

Check out my post today!

7. mkdickerson April 8, 2012 at 9:32 am #

Wow. That sounds impressive. Wish I could see that.

8. J M Naszady April 7, 2012 at 7:21 pm #

I did an entire melted crayon landscape in my high school art class. I think it was my favorite project in four years of art classes!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. What are you ready for? « Without Denouement - May 3, 2012

[…] Day 98. Melted Crayon Bird (mkdickerson.com) Tweet /* […]

2. Picture a Day #99 – Artistic Inspiration | When You're Bored - April 8, 2012

[…] today, but I was in a quandary. Then I read a response to a comment I left on the site of a fellow blogger, which included an interest in my work. Here is a melted crayon landscape that I created during […]

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w