Day 179. Pollock Bird

25 Jun

Image

Sunday, my wife and I watched a movie on cable, about the life of abstract expressionist, Jackson Pollock. Another tortured artist story. Why does the media continue to perpetuate the misconception that ALL artists are troubled souls. Really! Today’s Bird-A-Day art is inspired by the action painting of Pollock. It’s certainly no pollock, but it was fun squirting and dripping paints. Good luck finding the bird. Enjoy.

7 Responses to “Day 179. Pollock Bird”

1. seapunk2 June 25, 2012 at 10:31 pm #

Indeed!! :)

2. mkdickerson June 25, 2012 at 10:30 pm #

Banksy seems to be brilliant master mind to me.

3. seapunk2 June 25, 2012 at 10:28 pm #

So, giant hoax by Banksy or lunatic Theiry? :D

4. mkdickerson June 25, 2012 at 10:26 pm #

We saw the “Exit through the Gift Shop.” That was a good movie.

5. seapunk2 June 25, 2012 at 4:00 pm #

You’re welcome!
    On the movie – it’s fascinating. Teri Horton (I think is her name) bought a painting at a thrift shop for five dollars and guess what happened after that… :D
    Another good one is “Exit through the Gift Shop” – if you haven’t seen it.
    We don’t subscribe to regular tv, but do subscribe to netflix. Haven’t turned on a tv service in over 12 years. :)

6. mkdickerson June 25, 2012 at 3:24 pm #

Thank you for agreeing with me. It’s so unfortunate that artists keep getting sterotyped. Thanks for the movie tip, I will have to look it up.

7. seapunk2 June 25, 2012 at 11:38 am #

All artists are not tortured souls. Some are pure of heart, light and grounded.

If you haven’t seen it, I’d recommend this documentary – “Who the *$&% Is Jackson Pollock?”

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )